Welcome to the Fort Pitt Chapter AUSA website
Register for the 238th Birthday of the United States Army
[srp srp_number_post_option=’5′ srp_widget_title = ‘Recent Posts’ srp_thumbnail_option=’yes’ srp_filter_cat_option =>10]
- Thu, 02 Apr 2020 22:22:00 +0000: 250-Patient Army Field Hospital in Seattle Expected to Open Next Week – Defense.gov Explore Feed
The Army is assembling a 250-bed field hospital in Seattle that’s meant to treat non-COVID-19 patients so area hospitals will be able to free up their own beds to care for those who have contracted the disease.
- Thu, 02 Apr 2020 21:55:00 +0000: USNS Mercy, USNS Comfort Receiving Patients in LA, New York City – Defense.gov Explore Feed
To free overwhelmed local hospitals focusing on patients with COVID-19, the Navy hospital ships USNS Mercy and USNS Comfort are docked on both U.S. coasts to provide medical and surgical care to non-COVID-19 patients.
- Thu, 02 Apr 2020 21:54:58 +0000: SEAC: Defense Department’s Priority Is Safety of People – Defense.gov Explore Feed
The first priority for senior Pentagon leaders in the COVID-19 pandemic is taking care of service members and Defense Department civilians and their families, a top Pentagon advisor said.
- Thu, 02 Apr 2020 15:42:34 +0000: Wisconsin National Guard Takes on New COVID-19 Missions – Defense.gov Explore Feed
The Wisconsin National Guard is helping staff self-isolation facilities in Milwaukee and Madison and polling locations across the state for the April 7 election due to a shortage of volunteers during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Thu, 02 Apr 2020 14:47:42 +0000: Manpower Chief Discusses Personnel Aspects of COVID-19 Response – Defense.gov Explore Feed
Defense leaders are working around the clock to carry out the DOD’s priorities during the COVID-19 pandemic — including protecting military and civilian personnel and ensuring the viability of the force.