Welcome to the Fort Pitt Chapter AUSA website
Register for the 238th Birthday of the United States Army
[srp srp_number_post_option=’5′ srp_widget_title = ‘Recent Posts’ srp_thumbnail_option=’yes’ srp_filter_cat_option =>10]
- Sat, 15 Feb 2020 17:48:00 +0000: Esper Makes Case That China is a Growing Threat to Europe – Defense.gov Explore Feed
Defense Secretary Dr. Mark T. Esper warned Europe of China’s increasingly malign influence during his remarks at the Munich Security Conference in Germany.
- Fri, 14 Feb 2020 21:39:00 +0000: DOD Moves to Use Data More Effectively in Decision-Making – Defense.gov Explore Feed
The Defense Department is seeking ways to use data better in decision-making on the battlefield and in its business practices, Deputy Defense Secretary David L. Norquist said.
- Thu, 13 Feb 2020 22:08:00 +0000: Leaders Discuss Nuclear Modernization, Hypersonics Development – Defense.gov Explore Feed
The U.S. must invest in hypersonic weapons and research, and modernization of the nuclear triad is essential for maintaining strategic deterrence, defense leaders told a Senate panel.
- Thu, 13 Feb 2020 20:54:00 +0000: U.S., Taliban Negotiate 7-Day Proposal for Reduction in Violence – Defense.gov Explore Feed
The United States and the Taliban have agreed to a proposal for a reduction in violence in Afghanistan and the Defense Department is seeking increased NATO commitment in the region, Defense Secretary Dr. Mark T. Esper said.
- Thu, 13 Feb 2020 20:10:00 +0000: DOD Officials Warn of Increased Threat From Weapons of Mass Destruction – Defense.gov Explore Feed
China, Russia, North Korea, Iran and violent extremist organizations have, or are pursuing, WMD capabilities that could threaten the United States or U.S. interests, a Defense Department official said.